Social Security Disability Attorney in Tennessee Achieves Results
Social Security Disability insurance provides hope for those who are disabled
Social Security Disability Insurance is a federally run program that provides aid to people whose permanent accident- or illness-related disabilities prevent them from working. Today, due to limited Social Security funds and an increasing number of applicants, it is hard to get approved for these benefits. More than ever, it takes a competent lawyer to ensure that you get the benefits that you are entitled to. Utilizing the services of Stephen L. Gilly can bring you hope of obtaining the financial support you need and deserve.
A Tennessee disability lawyer in Kingsport, Tennessee can change your life
As the number of applications for Social Security Disability benefits keeps increasing, the Social Security Administration currently denies 60 percent of initial applications. In order to be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, you must have earned money and paid Social Security tax for at least five of the 10 years prior to the onset of your disability. But even if you meet this requirement, there is a significant chance that you will be turned down.
There are several facts you should know:
- If you were denied benefits, you can appeal the decision and, if successful, reapply.
- Your chances of obtaining benefits are greater if you are older, have limited education, did physical work and have trouble transferring your employment skills.
- Your disability must have lasted or be expected to last for more than a year.
- The number of years of work required may be reduced, depending on the nature and the age of onset of the disability.
- The dollar amount of benefits is based on your earnings record, and is normally the same as it would have been at your normal retirement age.
The appeals process is long and complex, and only a licensed attorney can represent you at all levels of this process. We can explain your options, help you organize your medical records and paperwork and assist you and your witnesses in preparing for hearings.
Contact a Social Security Disability lawyer in Kingsport, Bristol or Johnson City, Tennessee
The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly can provide the help you need to apply for Social Security Disability — or to appeal, if your initial claim has been turned down. For our legal service, you pay a contingency fee, which means that you do not pay us unless your case is successful. We offer personal attention and a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Located in Kingsport, we serve clients throughout Tennessee and Virginia. Call us at 423-246-3811 to arrange for a free initial consultation, or contact us online.